terça-feira, abril 07, 2009

My band, years ago | A minha banda, há anos

Once upon a time, I was lead guitar player in a hard rock band, Purgatório, with a pinch of whatever styles would fancy us mixed in. Someone said, at garageband.com, what I think is the best summary: "what is this a Doors and the Sex Pistols get together".

Propor-sounding studio recordings are available on the Purgatório's Web site (Java is required for the menus to work - hey, it's an old site).
About a year ago I found some very early camcorder recordings, posted them on YouTube, and made a playlist - Purgatório Live at Tornado Bar.

Here's a sample (below), called IURD (for Igreja Universal do Reino de Deus, in the UK "Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (UCKG)").
Chorus: "Give me 10%, I'll give you salvation. You're a sucker and I'm a quack."
================
Era uma vez eu, guitarrista de uma banda de hard rock, os Purgatório, com um toque de quaisquer estilos que nos agradassem à mistura. Alguém disse um dia, no site garageband.com, algo que considero o melhor resumo: "què isto, um reencontro dos Doors com os Sex Pistols".

Há gravações de estúdio com som decente no sítio Web dos Purgatório (é preciso ter Java para os menus funcionarem - o site é antigo).
Há cerca de um ano, encontrei umas gravações muito do início feitas numa camcorder, coloquei-as no YouTube e fiz uma playlistPurgatório no Tornado Bar.

Eis uma amostra, chamada IURD - Igreja Universal do Reino de Deus.
Refrão: "Dá-me 10%, que eu dou-te a salvação. Tu és um otário e eu um charlatão."

Sem comentários:

ShareThis